Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park
NZ's premier motorsport and driver training facility
Garaging and compound rules
A note for all users of the Taupo Motorsport Park
1 March 2018
As part of Taupo Motorsport Park’s annual review of the Health & Safety plan we have established some clearer rules around garaging and venue usage etc.
- Depending on the type of event or hire Taupo Motorsport Park may require and approve of a compound management plan prior to an event. The approved management plan will form part of the event contract and must be managed by the event promoter throughout the duration of the event.
- Each of Garages 1-32 is to house 1 car or 4 bikes only unless by prior arrangement.
- Pit Garages may not be used for accommodation of any kind and must be vacated and locked at the end of each day’s use.
- In alignment with Motorsport NZ venue licence rulings overnight fuel storage is not permitted. No barbecues or open flame devices are allowed inside a Pit Garage.
- No signage (without prior written approval) to be placed on front of garages or above garage doors on either side of garages in pit-lane area. A charge will be made for removal of double side tape or repainting if this becomes necessary.
- Please help us maintain a quality environment by leaving garages in a clean and tidy state. Excess cleaning charges may apply, and repairs for damage within the garage or to garage doors will be applied.
- Only support vehicles associated with the garage hirer are to be parked on the “garage apron” immediately behind each garage on the side facing The Paddock (Competitor Parking/Hardstand).
- Trailers are to be parked away from garage areas.
- Trailers, ramps etc. are not to extend over the yellow line along the concrete walkway outside the garages.
- Support vehicles are not to be parked beyond the yellow line demarcating the roadway area, unless by arrangement. Usually this will be by way of a specific event compound plan.
- Power leads from garage power source are not permitted to extend beyond garages, unless specially approved.
- The Pit Garage Apron area is not to be used for vehicle repairs. Jacking of cars in this area is not permitted at any time.
- Pop ups/temporary tenting or parking in front of garages is not permitted.
- Pop ups/temporary tenting is allowed in the designated location on the Competitor Parking/Hardstand area provided that;
- No jacks are to be place on the tarseal without timber footplates
- No mechanical repairs are to be completed without a full “drop sheet” placed under vehicle.
- Pit lane is part of the race track and is not to be used for access to a track other than from a Pit Garage or from the designated entry gate/Dummy Grid area. The speed limits in the Pit Lane are:
- Children under 10 years old not permitted in Pit lane.
- No jandals or open toed shoes to be worn in Pit lane.
- Parking of support vehicles in any part of Pit Lane is not permitted at any time.
- No pop-ups/temporary tenting is allowed in any part of Pit Lane without prior arrangement being made.
- No unloading and loading of cars or motorcycles is to be carried out in Pit Lane.
- The Inner Lane shall be the only area where any work can be carried out on a car or motorcycle and then, only for adjustments not repairs or extended work. Any car or motorcycle requiring extended repair or other work must be removed to a Pit Garage or to The Paddock. No equipment may be left in the Fast Lane.
- No compounds are to be applied or grinding of any kind to enhance the grip of or otherwise alter the surface of the Pit Lane is to be carried out and no lines are to be painted on any part of the Pit Lane.
- Power supplies/leads are not permitted to run across the ground unless approved by prior arrangement.
- Exterior power sources are to be used only by prior approval of management.
- The provision of rubbish bins is for general rubbish, not waste oil or fluids or for discarded vehicle parts.
- Discarded tyres are not to be left at the facility. Charges will be made for their removal.
- Children under the age of 12 years old must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian.
- Scooters or skateboards are not permitted in or around the garaging areas, apron or pathways.
- No smoking is permitted on a Track, in a pit lane or pit garage, or in other parts of Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park designated a smoke-free area from time to time.
- No alcohol is to be consumed in a pit lane at any time or in a paddock area during a Competition or Event.
- Standard complex access hours are between 8.00am and 5.00pm unless by prior arrangement.
- In order to maintain the safety and wellbeing of our visitors and motorsport customers all individuals staying overnight at the complex must be identified and accounted for. Any camping or accommodation requirements are subject to separate documentation and payment and must be completed prior to any stay.
Note: At a Hirer’s expense Taupo Motorsport Park may require a Security personnel presence at any event in order to ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.PRINT
Call us on 07 376 5033