Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park
NZ's premier motorsport and driver training facility
COVID-19 – TMP Ltd – Important Access Statement
17 March 2020
COVID-19 – TMP LIMITED – IMPORTANT ACCESS STATEMENT
Following a review of the Government’s public announcement yesterday regarding COVID-19 TMP Limited have determined the following.
While it is imperative business and venue managers observe Government requirements and best practice health and safety proceedure, it is equally important to ensure New Zealanders continue to enjoy the freedom to go about their lives affected only to the extent required by prudent behaviour or environmental circumstances.
The Government measures announced last night reflect this and the recommended restrictions will be maintained by TMP as they relate to gatherings or events at Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park.
Event and Visitor Policy – 17 March 2020
Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park is predominately a large “open air facility” and therefore provides ample space to ensure“close proximity contact” is infinitely avoidable.
To monitor this, we will restrict the use of some space such as pit garages to 2 bike riders and single car use.
When required, corporate suite use will be doubled so where a hirer hires one unit, two will be made available and occupation limited.
TMP will ensure appropriate signage will remind visitors of the well-publicised virus avoidance measures as noted.
- covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or coughing/sneezing into your elbow
- disposing of used tissues appropriately in a bin
- washing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water and drying them thoroughly, or using hand sanitiser: before eating or handling food, after using the toilet
- after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or wiping children’s noses
- after touching public surfaces
- trying to keep 2 metres away from people who are unwell
- limiting alcohol and drug use (as this may affect your ability to adequately follow the advice above).
TMP is working with customers who have current bookings and will monitor the numbers of visitors although at this stage given the types of events and activity currently planned, this is not a concerning factor.
While management will continue to monitor the situation and act on all government requirements to ensure best practices are observed, Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park is and will remain open for managed events, track days and motorsport activities to assist our customers to maintain the enjoyment of their leisure pastime.
As always, we are available to answer any queries regarding bookings and event conditions and we will continue to provide regular updates as they come to hand.
L: 07 376 5033
Call us on 07 376 5033