Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park
NZ's premier motorsport and driver training facility
‘Kaspa Transmissions’ CARnival is BACK for 2020!
For 2 Full days at Bruce McLaren Motorsport Park, Taupo. October 17th & 18th.
This event is open to All vehicle makes and models.
Saturday and Sunday the 17th & 18th will have a full timetable that includes the following…
- Cruising – Drive your mates around an international Race Circuit in your car. This session is for cruising only at your own pace. Any reckless driving around other vehicles is not accepted and will be dealt with.
- Drags – Drop Flag street-style drag racing, first across the line and fun/grudge racing. Helmets & covered footwear are compulsory, and race suits are preferred – but long sleeves and long pants are accepted.
- Burnouts – Open burnout pad, judged and non judged burnouts Just have a go! Helmets & covered footwear are compulsory, and race suits are preferred – but long sleeves and long pants are accepted.
- Drifting – For the aspiring drifter inside, the drift section of the track will be open at scheduled times of the day. Helmets & covered footwear are compulsory, and race suits are preferred – but long sleeves and long pants are accepted, and passengers are allowed only if your car has a roll cage.
- Grip Sessions – Helmets are required for this session, and passengers only if your car has a roll cage. Fewer cars on track compared to a cruise session, so more open spaces with an open speed limit, go as fast as you can!
- Show N Shine – Everyone entered in the main part of the day qualifies for our list of Show n Shine Award trophies.
Registration will be available for entrants from 1pm Friday the16th of October, where competitors can have their vehicle check processed and complete drivers registration, so they are all ready for the Saturday. Gates Close Friday at 5pm on Friday. Gates open again at 7am on Saturday, and 8am Sunday.
Entries are OPEN – Your entry fee includes Vehicle and 1 Driver entry to ALL sessions as above. No Part entries sorry. No Wof? No Reg? No Cert? – No worries!! This is a racetrack – BUT, your car must pass a safety check before being able to go out on track, this includes but is not limited to Having – a secure battery, working brake lights, safety belts or harnesses up to standard, undergoing a fuel and wiring system inspection etc.
- Early Bird Entry Price – $200.00
- Second Release Entry Pricing – $ 260.00
- Gate Sales – $300 (If entrys not sold out prior)
Pit Garages are available to purchase as an addition to your entry and you are given access Friday evening if you wish:
- Single Pit Garage – $600 (Note this does NOT include Your driver or vehicle entry)Double Pit Garage $1200 (Note this does NOT include Your driver or vehicle entry)
- Spectator Pricing Adults Weekend Pass $50, or $30 Per Day
- Kids Pass Age 5-12 $10 Weekend (or day)Under 5 FreeNo pre-purchase tickets sorry.
Extra (Secondary) drivers – anyone who will be driving your car as an extra driver must attend a drivers briefing and fill out the paperwork required and there is a fee of $50 per extra driver.
Passengers – All passengers that go out on track are required by Bruce Mclaren Motorsport Park to sign an indemnity form before being allowed out on track. To make sure this is done passengers bands are issued to all passengers. These can be purchased from the registration room also on the first floor in the pit building for just $5 each. There is a newly introduced “Minimum Required Height Rule” for passengers. There is no age limit but you must be at least 148cm tall.
There is to be NO Alcohol Brought onto the venue. Vehicles will be checked and any found will be confiscated upon entering the venue
We look forward to seeing you there! When posting on social media be sure to use the official hashtag of the day #CARnivalnz
For all the latest information and updates, please follow the Choice Events & promotions Facebook page and the Choice Events CARnival Event page.
If you have any more question please do not hesitate to contact us via the ‘Contact Us’ tab on our website www.choiceevents.co.nz or via a message on our Facebook page – Choice Events & Promotions‘
Call us on 07 376 5033